Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Unexpected Visitors

Last night, I was tapped for my athletic prowess to represent the Cheetah bowling team.  As you can probably imagine, I jump at the opportunity to spout off Lebowski lines at any giving time.   It was pretty fun but it always ends up bad idea when I know things are gonna get nuts.  I've always thought the spontaneous drunks were the best anyway.  

I got a text last night from the night DJ who told me that the owner of our club decided to make a surprise appearance.  This automatically puts everyone on high alert.  Things have been kinda rough around here lately because business has been slow and that frustrates everyone.  I've still been survivin' on a wing and a prayer.  The only thing that has been naggin' at me is the future of my job.  I feel relatively secure in the job I do, but it is still gonna be contigent on how well the club does.  I've been thinking seriously about what my next move would be if the worst were to happen.  

I started thinking that I might try luck in Vegas.  I think at the very least it would be the opportunity of a lifetime to work in the center of the strip club universe.  Logistically, it would be difficult.  I did just buy a house about three months ago that I absolutely love.  I don't think I'd have any issues renting it but I'm not interested in selling it at all.  It's a very solid investment that could eventually help me have a financial future.  I'm not real interested in working at any other clubs in Atlanta because they all suffer by comparison to da Cheet.  I thought about maybe trying to work for a DJ company here in town where I could do weddings, parties, and trivia nights around town.  The money would probably be a big step down, but after being a cube rat a few years back,  I never wanna do it again.  It's hard to put a price on sanity.  

With all the uncertainty, I figure I've gotta be proactive is my approach to the future.  I've been considering renting out some of the empty rooms in my house.  I always knew it would become Jamie's Home for Wayward Girls.  It be way cheaper than me renting anyway.  I've been seriously considering trading in my MINI Cooper for something more practical that I could have paid off in a six month period.  It would probably end up saving me a good $400 a month.  That seems like a no-brainer, really.  To bad I still let my vanity get in the way.  But on the flip-flop, I got more attention growing a beard anyway.  

In some ways, I'm actually hell bent on having a decent sized nestegg, just in case.  I've gotten pretty good at saving in the past year aside from the occasional fall from grace when I buy drinks for all the pretty girls in a room.  I could tolerate being out of the business for my own mental health.  I just wanna make sure I've got a substancial buffer to spend all that extra time to really improve myself.  I know I'd turn into a gym rat again and I'd be away from all the bad influences that I have trouble saying no to.  

My favorite person in the whole world, Amanda, is always worried about me.  I don't really blame her and it makes my heart swell knowing that she sincerely cares.  I am shamelessly honest with her in ways I've never been with anyone.  She told me that she thinks I have trouble dating because I appear to crush on everything I see.  I don't totally disagree with that, but let me ask ya, who doesn't love pretty girls who are a little dirty?  

What I do agree with is the perception is that I always wanna portray to everyone how much I truly care about them.  And maybe roll around in the sack with them.  But I really need to work on my mystery.  I'll just wear my hair in my eyes more.  

I really don't have the answers for what I need to do.  But hopefully I'll realize that being complacent will not do an effin' thing to help.  Jamer out!

No comments: