Tuesday, December 18, 2007

What a kick in the crotch

I'm sure there are many out there who are aware of the embarrassment associated with being an Atlanta Falcons fan these days.   Me, I'm a Steeler fan, so I don't feel it as bad.  I do have at least hometown pride so I wanna see them have a respectable amount of success.  It's just good for the city.  Atlanta has long been the punching bag for crappy teams and even crappier fans.   This reputation is somewhat earned due to apathetic Braves' fans that knew the team would without question make the playoffs every year.  That part is still kinda weird to think about.  The Braves sucked big, stank ass when I followed them in the 80s. 

My point is that I was just reading about the five Falcons players that were just fined by the league for paying tribute to the imprisoned Michael Vick during last Monday night's game against the Saints.  I was at the game because someone gave me a free ticket and I was embarrassed  for the team in front of a national audience (though I doubt very many people actually wanted to watch two shitty NFC teams play.)  It probably didn't help that the Georgia Dome was practically empty by the fourth quarter.  To put a cherry on top of this big turd, Bobby Petrino jumped ship about an hour after the game.  And then you have these asshat players putting sprinkles on this shit sundae by rallying around Vick like he's Rubin "Hurricane" Carter.  If I was Arthur Blank, I woulda suspended these fucking douchebags without pay for the rest of the year.  They ain't doing anything to help this city's reputation for being more than a haven for a bunch of millionaire thugs.  I totally feel for this guy because Blank earnestly has gotten screwed for trying to bring a winner to this city.  The Falcons don't deserve to have an owner this good.  All these fucking morons do is make us look worse as a city because I feel that your local sports team is really a face for your city nationally.  

So I beg of you Mr. Blank, lose these cum dumplings, and bring back Morten Andersen for another year.  At least he's got some class. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steelers fans in GA need to plan a coup.

Every blog should be black and gold.